Having a nice camera bag is a dream of a photographer and a videographer, and if you are looking for the best camera bag for Canon 80D then you are in the right place.
I was seeking a good camera for my next trip to Philmont. As I travel a lot, I like to capture some beautiful outdoor memories as an amateur photographer.
Recently I have owned Canon 80D such a pricey camera for me. I didn’t want to let it break during my trip and as a backpacks and bags lover, my next task was searching for a nice, fully functional, spacious, and lightweight camera bag to secure my Canon 80D.
But this task was not going to be as easy as it sounded. The market is full of tons of different camera bags from different brands and in every price range.
I was a bit confused about which camera bag would be best in terms of the safety of my Canon 80D.
I wanted something in which I can keep my Canon 80D with 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens attached, and also have enough space to carry my other small belongings apart from my camera kit. I didn’t have the intention of spending more than $300.
After several hours of research and comparing some famous brands with some new brands, I come across these top-notch camera bags for Canon 80D owners which are compact, lightweight, roomy, and can protect your camera from small bumps falling from a small height.
Before we jump into the recommendation of some top-notch bags and backpacks for Canon 80D must have a look at Canon 80D dimensions so that we can choose the right size bag or backpack for our camera.
How To Choose A Right Size Camera Bag For Canon 80D?
The dimension, size, and weight of your camera are very crucial information to know before choosing a camera bag and if you want to keep your Canon 80D in a bag or a backpack having lenses attached then must check the size of that lens before buying a camera bag.
Canon 80D Size, Weight, And External Dimensions To Choose the Right Camera Bag
Canon 80D has external dimensions 139x105x79mm with weight of 730g(1.6 lbs/2575 oz).
7 Best Camera Bags For Canon 80D In-Depth Review & Detailed Buying Guide
1. Camera Bag For Canon 80D From Lowpro Toploader
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 7.48 x 9.45 inches
- Available in 3 sizes.
- Weight: .66lbs
- Color: Black & blue
- A stylish and compact camera bag for Canon 80D with great built quality.
- All-weather rain cover is attached at the bottom.
- Sturdy and quiet zippers.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Nice grab handle.
- It would be better to provide a false bottom support.
If you are looking for a compact, stylish and comfortable camera bag then have a look at this stylish compact bag from Lowpro.
This is Lowpro Toploader. The build quality is no doubt just amazing. Lowpro is known for its amazing build quality. The camera bag is available in 3 sizes with 2 color options.
The camera bag is spacious as well. It has a front zipper pocket that can be used to store memory cards, keys, filters, etc.
The main compartment is good enough to carry Canon 80D with 24-70mm F2.8 or 24-105mm lenses attached. Its opener also has a top zipper pocket to carry other camera gears.
The main compartment comes with thick-bottom support that can protect Canon 80D and lens from small bumps.
The detachable and adjustable shoulder straps allow carrying this camera bag crossbody. You can also carry this camera bag via a built-in belt loop, or with a Top load Chest harness(buy separately).
An all-weather protection cover is included with the camera bag for additional safety. Overall a value-for-money small camera bag to carry Canon 80D and it is very easy to carry around.
2. Best Canon 80D Backpack For Professional Photographers & Videographers
- Material: 900D Polyester Fabric
- Dimensions: 30 x 16 x 44 cm
- Weight: 2.84 kg/5.72 lbs
- Capacity: 25L
- Color: Black
- A fully functional and practical Camera backpack defined for professionals.
- Slip lock webbing loops with 50 attachment points well to carry a tripod and so many things.
- Sturdy and quiet zippers.
- 4 access points so that you be ready for any critical moment.
- Built-in All Weather AW Cover that protects camera gear from rain.
- Expensive one.
Things are going to change if you are a professional photographer or a videographer. Here, a small and compact camera bag will not work. And it will be a headache to carry all those camera gear if you are traveling for a long trip.
Lowpro Protactic is going to make your life simple and headache-free with its amazing built quality and functionality. Lowpro comes in the right size with several thoughtful compartments to carry all these Camera gears:
- Canon 80D with 2 extra lenses
- Canon 80D batteries
- Samsung 360° Camera
- GoPro Hero5 & Mavic Pro with 3 batteries and charger
- Drone controller
- Bunch of memory cards and readers
- Slip lock webbing loops with 50 attachment points at the front with 5 slip lock attachments
Lowpro Protactic’s price seems a bit high but its quality, functionality, and practical design make your life simple and this bag is worth every penny you spend on it.
The backpack allows you to access its main compartment from 4 places, From the top, from both left and right zipper pockets, and from its U shape large zipper opening at its back panel.
No more sweaty back with its breathable back panel which has molded EVA for more comfort and can maximize breathability.
The hip belt is good to distribute the overall weight across your body and you can remove it.
Finding a camera backpack that comes with the right size, many possible compartments to carry all those camera gear securely, and also feels comfortable on your back & shoulder is really a daunting task, and Lowpro protactic is one such camera backpack.
3. Peak Design Everyday Backpack For Canon 80D
- The expandable capacity of 20L & 30L.
- Weight: 5.75 lbs.
- Dimension: 18 x 12 x 6.75 inches
- Material: 400D Nylon Canvas Shell with water resistance capability.
- Perfectly fit a 16 inches laptop.
Price Under $250
The third most popular backpack in this list is from Peak Design. The backpack comes with the same price segment at which Lowepro comes.
The Peak Design is best for those who want to carry more everyday items and lots of small setups but if you want to carry more camera gears with your backpack then Lowepro is definitely a perfect choice.
Why Lowepro is a better choice than The Peak Design?
- The backpack comes in a price range of $250 but does not justify the need for a videographer.
- Lowepro has a decent depth inside the camera compartment and stores the camera gears securely on the other side, Peak Design comes with flex four dividers that don’t provide much flexibility and customizing the inside compartment.
- Accessibility: The Peak Design offers only side and top accessibility of the camera gears. Side pockets always confuse you while accessing the gears.
Lowepro offers better accessibility that has a fully accessible camera compartment in a single unzip that is very convenient.
- The Peak Design doesn’t have back access which creates problems while organizing the camera gears. Lowepro can be accessed from the top and also from the back which is more convenient.
- Peak Design doesn’t offer weather protection while Lowepro does.
- The external straps in Peak Design are unable to hold your tripod and other gears tightly and seem to get loose easily, on the other hand, Lowepro offers a military webbing design that holds external items tightly.
4. A Stylish Camera Bag For Canon 80D From PeakDesign
- Dimentions: 12.2 x 4.33 x 7.48 inches
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Color: Grey
- Material: 400D Nylon Canvas Shell
Peak Design Camera bags are the best in terms of design and quality. I don’t find the Peak Design backpack so valuable and functional as compared to Lowpro but this model is totally worth buying.
This is Peak Design, a camera bag that looks awesome and is best for those travelers who want to look cool during travel with their Canon 80D.
The camera bag from Peak Design is good for travel and street photographers. There are various ways to carry your camera with this camera bag,
What you can carry in its main compartment?
Mirrorless camera + 1-2 lenses
DJI Mavic or Spark drone + controller, batteries, charger
Full-frame DSLR + lens
Light every day + travel carry
- A padded tablet sleeve to carry most of the 11″ tablet (Not suitable for Ipad Pro 10.5″).
Its zipper flap pocket has several separate organizer pockets to carry SD cards, cords, batteries, and much more.
Peak Design is known for its amazing built quality. Waterproof zip allows accessing its internal pockets without removing the bag from your body.
Overall a Fast, Light, and Damm Cool camera bag with the top-notch built quality and a lifetime warranty.
- Different carrying options Cross-body sling, Fanny pack, and Waist bag carry.
- Comes with a protective tablet sleeve.
- Zippers with rubber coating prevent intrusion of water vapor inside pretty well.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
5. Best Shoulder Bag For Canon 80D From Vanguard
- Dimentions: 19 x 11.4 x 19 inches
- Weight: .75 pounds
- Material: Cloth
Vanguard has a huge variety of bags and backpacks to carry your DSLR like Canon 80D secure and safe.
The bag from Vanguarge which I’m going to review here is Havana 21 Khakhi. The camera bag is made of cloth. The design is very simple. This is a shoulder bag with a minimalist design. I really like the outside texture and pattern of this camera bag.
The bag is available in different sizes and different colors. The bag has a nice padded divider inside to carry your Canon 80D with a zoom lens attached. Apart from that, there is still room for other lenses and flash.
It has several pockets for other accessories such as a front zipper pocket, side elastic pockets, and rear pocket. You can also carry a 7 inches tablet in its main compartment.
You can also choose its camera backpack, which has additional storage and functionality. If you want to carry a tripod during travel then the Vanguarge camera backpack could be the one option.
Have a look at the Vanguard camera backpack.
- A camera bag with elegant color and design.
- Spacious camera bag to carry Canon 80D with other essentials.
- A rain cover is included.
- Various options for different needs.
- The bag is made of cloth which might be not as durable as other camera bags.
6. Best Budget Canon 80D Camera Bag From Bagsmart
- Dimensions: 25 x 13 x 19 cm
- Weight: 1 pound
- Material: Water repellent and rugged polyester
If you are looking for a small, compact, and lightweight camera bag for your Canon 80D that doesn’t break your bank then Bagsmart has something for you.
The camera bag is not from a famous brand, but its functionality, built quality, and price forced me to take this camera bag to this list.
Where all the other reputed brands can only hold your camera and are left with no space for other gear, Bagsmart has significant space for all of my above-listed gear.
The external dimension of the camera bag is almost the same as some top brand camera bags like Lowepro, but the inner padding seems thinner than the Lowepro.
You will feel the built quality is not that much great as compared to Lowepro but it is capable of protecting your camera gear.
By sacrificing the internal padding, it has plenty of space in its internal compartment to carry almost everything on my list.
- Two elastic water bottle pockets that can fit my Nalgene water bottle perfectly.
- Roomy camera bag which has large pockets at its front and back. A large lid pocket, good to carry cords and other gear.
- The rain cover can cover the full bag, which is missing in Lowepro.
- Looping the rain cover through the opening required frequent clipping and unclipping of the shoulder strap.
- Quick zipper on the top is missing for easy opening and closing.
7. Caden Camera Sling Backpack For Canon 80D with Battery Grip Attached
Best Budget Battery Grip Friendly Camera Bag
- Dimensions: 13 x 9 x 5 inches
- Weight: 0.6 kg
- Color: Black
- Material: Nylon.
- 1 Year of Warranty
There are very few options in Camera bags that are small in size and carry Canon 80D + battery Grip attached.
I found the build quality is good as Nylon is used and water-resistant coating over there can protect your gear from sizzling rain.
The bag comes with plenty of space that can hold canon 80D, 90D, Coolpix B600, D5600, and other similar size DSLRs with batteries attached. You can put an Ipad Mini in its small mesh internal pocket.
It has a nice zipped pocket to carry your phone and power bank and a side mesh pocket to carry a water bottle or an umbrella.
Overall a nice Camera sling bag that can fulfill your need securely and comfortably.
Its internal compartment has nice dividers to keep your camera and lenses separate and safe from collision.
You can attach a tripod with its bottom by using two shrinkable straps whose length can be adjusted according to the size of your Tripod.
The bag comes with a front zipper opening that makes it easier to access the camera and lenses without taking off the bag.
Best Bags & Backpacks For Canon 80D Detailed Buying Guide
Whether you are a novice photographer or an expert having a fully functional camera bag for your expensive camera and other accessories is a must.
Even an amateur has to carry a camera bag or a backpack to secure his camera equipment.
You have to understand a few crucial pieces of information before choosing the right camera bag for Canon 80D.
Which Type Of Bag Or Case Would Be Best For My Camera?
You have to first understand which type of camera bag you want to carry during travel or anywhere else. It could be a backpack, a shoulder bag, or a sling bag.
I personally like to dump my Canon 80D and other accessories in a fully functional, and spacious backpack, if I’m on my week-long trip, and carry a sling bag for street photography during the town visit.
How Many Things do You Want To Carry In A Camera Bag Along With Canon 80D?
It is very regretful if you don’t find the right gear during the video shoot, or a photo session. I don’t want to leave my important camera gear at home.
I carry the following camera accessories along with my Canon 80D…
- Obviously My Camera( Canon 80D)
- Extra Batteries
- Canon lenses 18-135mm
- Wide-angle lense For My Canon 80D
- My Go-Pro with its accessories such as a Floating handle, Remote, and tripod.
- Charging cord for my Phone, Camera, and Go Pro.
- Extra SD card for camera (Sandisk Extreme) Recommended
I also carry a massive 12000 mAH battery for backup and other gear I carry in my backpack.
Nice Separate Compartment
Camera lenses are expensive and carrying them in a camera bag or in a case requires a dedicated padded compartment with bottom support.
A camera bag with dead space is useless, also a very little space also doesn’t make any sense.
This is the most important part that every videographer or a photographer must consider in their backpack. A Camera backpack should have enough depth in its camera compartment.
The other most important thing to consider is how easy to access the internal gears from a backpack.
Our Expert finds most the videographers don’t like a side access arrangement that is irritating and time-consuming to find the right gear from the side pockets.
A backpack with top access and an easy one-time unzip mechanism to access all the gears at the same time is very beneficial for a videographer and Lowpro bags and backpacks come with this functionality.
Outside Straps & Loop
A good backpack has lots of loops at the front panel to put the straps on them to carry extra gears outside the backpack.
In that way, we can carry some extra stuff without disturbing the inside volume of the backpack. For example, we can carry a tripod with side straps and a mesh pocket to carry a water bottle.
Well Designed Waist Belt
You can carry more gears with your waist. You can put some small pockets on your waist belt to carry an extra camera and some other small gear like a memory card, battery, etc.
Durable And Water Resistance Body
A camera backpack must be durable and made with a water/ dust resistance material. In that way, your expensive cameras and lenses remain safe inside your backpack.
Some camera bags come with an attached rain cover that is very helpful to secure your camera gear from rainy weather.
How Much Money Should We Spend On A Camera Bag?
The budget decides which type of camera bag you can afford. If you want a fully functional camera bag with top-notch build quality then it will cost you more than $200.
You can also get some good-quality camera bags for under $150.
Wrap Up On Best Backpacks For Canon 80D
Choosing the right backpack for your expensive camera and other accessories is really a tricky and cumbersome job because it takes lots of time to do proper research.
In this article, we have tried our best to provide all the useful information about all the best camera bags for Canon 80D.
In our research, we find the Lowepro is one of the best Canon backpacks that give you the best value for what you are paying for that.
Our detailed buying guide would help you to make the right buying decision by yourself.