I like traveling and sometimes I like to capture some beautiful moments but don’t have a good camera.
Recently I purchased Sony A7iii, such a pricy thing for me, and being a bag lover I set out in search of some such bags and cases which are lightweight, functional as well as can protect my expensive A7iii.
I had just started my research and found that the market is full of those camera bags and cases which claim to protect my Sony A7iii.
I was confused, about which brand bag or case would be perfect for my camera, that could hold all my camera gears and it can fit in my budget too.
After several hours of research and comparing some famous brands with some new brands, I come across these top-notch camera bags for Sony A7iii owners which are compact, lightweight, roomy, and can protect your camera from small bumps falling from a small height.
Before we go ahead with recommendations, It would be a nice idea to know some criteria for a camera bag so that you can choose the right camera bag for your Sony A7iii by yourself.
How To Choose A Right Camera Bag For My Sony A7iii?
Here, I’m going to share some tips and crucial information which must be pointed out in a camera bag.
Criteria For A Camera Bag Or Case
Which Type Of Bag Or Case Would Be Best For My Camera?
You have to first understand which type of camera bag you want to carry during travel or anywhere else. It could be a backpack, a shoulder bag, or a sling bag.
I like to travel with a standard backpack to carry my belongings, apart from it I don’t want to carry a camera bag in my hand, instead, a shoulder bag or case would be perfect for me, so I’ve chosen a shoulder bag to carry my Sony A7iii during travel.
What is your preference, a shoulder camera bag or a backpack to carry your camera?
Tell me in the comment section below.
The Size & Weight Of A Camera Bag Or Case
This is a crucial step because you don’t want to leave your important camera gear at home, or will carry an extra bag to haul them.
I would like to tell you, which camera gear I want to carry in my camera bag, and also try to keep its size small and its weight as light as possible.
- Obviously My Camera( Sony A7iii)
- Extra Batteries
- Sony lenses 28-70
- Wide-angle lense For My A7iii
- My Go-Pro with its accessories such as a Floating handle, Remote, and tripod.
- Charging cord for my Phone, Camera, and Go Pro.
- Extra SD card for camera (Sandisk Extreme) Recommended
I also carry a massive 12000 mAH battery for backup and other gear I carry in my backpack.
Note: If you prioritize the outer padding then point out that the internal space of a highly padded camera bag would be significantly smaller than the outer dimension.
Nice Separate Compartment
Camera lenses are expensive and carrying them in a camera bag or in a case requires a dedicated padded compartment with bottom support.
A camera bag with dead space is useless, also a very little space also doesn’t make any sense.
How Much Money Should We Spend On A Camera Bag?
I don’t want to spend a huge sum on a Camera bag. My budget for a good quality spacious and functional camera bag is under $150.
I’ve also listed some budget camera bags for SonyA7iii in this article.
7 Best Camera Bags For SonyA7iii Detailed Review
1. Best Feature Rich Camera Bag For Sony A7iii From Lowepro Nova
- Dimensions: 10.24 x 8.46 x 9.06 inches
- Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Color: Black
When we discuss the camera bag, the first brand that comes into mind is Lowepro. Lowepro is known for its top-notch built quality, lightweight, compact, and for better protection of your camera gear.
The first camera bag has everything you could want from a camera bag such as…
- Top-notch built quality.
- Spacious that can hold everything on our list.
- Weather protection cover is included.
- Waterproof premium quality zippers.
- Thick padding inside to protect the camera and its gear from bumps and impact.
- Under our tight budget.
You can carry a DSLR camera with a lens of size 24-105mm attached, still, it has enough space for additional elements such as flash, 1-2 lenses, etc.
I really love its front pocket which has several separate organizer pockets to carry some cords, batteries, SD cards, etc. The rear pocket of this camera bag can be used as a trolley sleeve that can be attached with a roller.
Its opening flap also has one exterior and one interior pocket to carry plenty of things. The bag comes with an all-weather AW cover so carry this camera bag in the rain, snow, and sand worried-free.
Overall definitely a worth buying camera bag for your Sony A7iii for under $100 with premium quality, space, and functionality.
2. Best Molded Base Camera Bag For Sony A7iii From Lowepro
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 6.14 x 7.17 inches
- Weight: 0.88 Pounds
- Color: Black
The second bag in this top 7 list is also from Lowepro with molded base protection.
The camera bag from Lowepro comes with top-notch built quality which is unmatchable. The camera bag has plenty of space to carry most of the camera gear safely and securely.
It has a large front zipper pocket to carry cords, extra batteries, etc. Its flap front clip makes it very convenient to open and close the bag without taking it off.
You can carry one DSLR with a lens attached, some extra lenses, flash, memory cards, etc. It has side elastic pockets which can be used to carry some camera gear or carrying water bottles.
Its molded base is very useful that can protect your camera and other gadgets from being wet, moisture, and impact. Overall a nice camera bag for Sony A7iii, with all the useful features.
- Sturdy and durable built quality is its USP.
- An adjustable padded divider in the main compartment
- Three ways to carry by the handle, by adjustable and removable shoulder strap, and by its belt loop.
- The molded base for extra protection.
- No rain cover.
3. Best Budget Sony A7iii Camera Bag From Bagsmart
- Dimensions: 25 x 13 x 19 cm
- Weight: 1 pound
- Material: Water repellent and rugged polyester
The third camera bag for Sony A7iii is not from a famous brand, but its functionality, built quality, and price forced me to take this camera bag to the third of this list.
Where all the other reputed brands can only hold your camera and are left with no space for other gear, Bagsmart has significant space for all of my above-listed gear.
The external dimension of the camera bag is almost the same as some top brand camera bags like Lowepro, but the inner padding seems thinner than the Lowepro.
You will feel the built quality is not that much great as compared to Lowepro but it is capable of protecting your camera gear.
By sacrificing the internal padding, it has plenty of space in its internal compartment to carry almost everything on my list.
- Two elastic water bottle pockets that can fit my Nalgene water bottle perfectly.
- Roomy camera bag which has large pockets at its front and back. A large lid pocket, good to carry cords and other gear.
- The rain cover can cover the full bag, which is missing in Lowepro.
- Looping the rain cover through the opening required frequent clipping and unclipping of the shoulder strap.
- Quick zipper on the top is missing for easy opening and closing.
4. Best Camera Backpack For Sony A7iii From Vanguard
- Dimentions: 10.63 x 8.25 x 5.75 inches
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Material: Cloth
Vanguard has a huge variety of bags and backpacks to carry your DSLR like Sony A7iii secure and safe.
The bag from Vanguarge which I’m going to review here is Havana 21 Blue. The camera bag is made of cloth. The design is very simple. This is a shoulder bag with a minimalist design. I really like the outside texture and pattern of this camera bag.
The bag is available in different sizes and different colors. The bag has a nice padded divider inside to carry your Sony A7iii with a zoom lens attached. Apart from that, there is still room for other lenses and flash.
It has several pockets for other accessories such as a front zipper pocket, side elastic pockets, rear pocket. You can also carry a 7 inches tablet in its main compartment.
You can also choose its camera backpack, which has additional storage and functionality. If you want to carry a tripod during travel then the Vanguarge camera backpack could be the one option.
Have a look at the Vanguard camera backpack.
- A camera bag with elegant color and design.
- Spacious camera bag to carry SonyA7iii with other essentials.
- A rain cover is included.
- Various options for different needs.
- The bag is made of cloth which might be not as durable as other camera bags.
5. Sony soft Carrying Case For A7iii
- Dimentions: 9.45 x 7.09 x 5.91 inches
- Weight: 0.57 pounds
- Color: Black
If you want a camera bag with the same brand whose camera you have then this soft camera case from Sony is for you.
If you want a small and lightweight camera bag in which the camera with lens fits perfectly then have a look at this soft camera case from Sony.
The internal fabric looks very cool in orange color. Soft and padded dividers keep your camera and lens snug fit and prevent any kind of damage.
The front pocket has enough space to carry extra batteries, memory card cases, etc. Side mesh pockets can be used to put lens cover.
Note: Bag can hold Sony A7III with Tamton 28-75mm lens without any problem. Any lense longer than 24-70mm f2.8 lens will not fit with your camera.
- A small sleek and soft camera bag for your Sony A7III.
- Soft internal dividers keep your camera and lens snug fit.
- You can carry some batteries, an SD card, lens cover with this camera bag.
- Padded, adjustable, and removable shoulder strap.
- A branded camera bag with very limited space and functionality.
- A rain cover is not included.
6. A Camera Bag That Not Looks Like A Camera Bag (PeakDesign 5L)
- Dimentions: 12.2 x 4.33 x 7.48 inches
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Color: Grey
- Material: 400D Nylon Canvas Shell
This is Peak Design, a camera bag that looks awesome and is best for those travelers who want to look cool during travel with their camera.
The camera bag from Peak Design is good for travel and street photographers. There are various ways to carry your camera with this camera bag,
What you can carry in its main compartment?
Mirrorless camera + 1-2 lenses
DJI Mavic or Spark drone + controller, batteries, charger
Full-frame DSLR + lens
Light every day + travel carry
- A padded tablet sleeve to carry most of the 11″ tablet (Not suitable for Ipad Pro 10.5″).
Its zipper flap pocket has several separate organizer pockets to carry SD cards, cords, batteries, and much more.
Peak Design is known for its amazing built quality. Waterproof zip allows accessing its internal pockets without removing the bag from your body.
Overall a Fast, Light, and Damm Cool camera bag with the top-notch built quality and a lifetime warranty.
- Different carrying options Cross-body sling, Fanny pack, and Waist bag carry.
- Comes with a protective tablet sleeve.
- Zippers with rubber coating prevent intrusion of water vapor inside pretty well.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
7. A Camera Bag For Sony A7III With Battery Grip Attached
- Dimensions: 6.5″ x 5.9″ x 7.5″
- Weight: 0.88 pounds
- Color: Black
If you are searching for a camera bag for your Sony A7iii then you will defiantly come across Amazon Basic camera case.
The camera case from Amazon Basic is one of the most selling bags on Amazon but will this camera bag be right for your Sony A7iii, let’s find out…
The camera bag comes with decent built quality. As per its price the quality is pretty impressive, this is sturdy and the hard base keeps it steady and saves your camera and lens from impact.
Adjustable padded dividers keep your expensive camera upright and support its weight. I found the camera bag juggle as you walk with mid-size cameras, but if you put your A7iii with attached battery grip then it would be fine.
The camera bag has one front pocket and two small side pockets for carrying small belongings, but the pockets seem tight with the camera inside.
The camera bag comes with a detachable and removable shoulder strap, Overall a nice budget camera bag for your Sony DSLR.
- A compact and lightweight camera bag at your tight budget.
- Spacious camera bag with padded dividers.
- molded base keeps it upright and protects internal gears.
- Adjustable and removable shoulder straps.
- The shoulder strap needs improvement.
- Having a little bit more width allow to keep extra stuff along with the camera.
Best Camera Bag & Cases For Sony A7iii (FAQ)
Q.1 Which camera bag is best for my Sony A7iii?
You have numerous options to choose from. You can choose either a small, compact camera bag or a backpack.
From my experience, I would recommend you to go with Lowepro Nova 170. It has everything, a decent built quality, lightweight, spacious, comes with a rain cover, and several thoughtful pockets and organizers.
Q.2 How To Carry Sony A7iii In A Camera Bag?
A camera bag allows carrying your A7iii in multiple ways, such as carrying a camera and lens attached or keeping them separate with the help of a padded divider.
Some camera bags listed in this article allow attaching your camera just outside of the camera bag using an on-the-go clip. Peak Design camera bag offers such functionality.
Q.3 Camera Bag Or Case Which One Is More Convenient And Secure Option For My A7iii?
A camera bag is a more functional and practical option to tote your camera during travel. A camera case is just a good way to protect your expensive camera from scratches, dust, etc.
People love to carry some good-quality leather cases for their Sony A7iii.
Wrap Up On Best Sony A7III Camera Bags
I ended up with two masterpieces as a carrier for my Sony A7iii.
The first choice is Lowepro Nova, it has everything that I want with a camera bag. It is durable, comes with an AW weather protection cover, a huge space that is enough to carry all my gear. It has nice padded shoulder straps, and many more features which you can read in its detailed review section.
The Second choice is of course Peak Design. I really love its Damm Coll design which is best for travel and street photography.
This is a camera bag that does not look like a camera bag. It has a nice zipper pocket with several small dividers. Its first look will definitely grab your attention.