It’s pretty hard to keep your Corgi along with you anywhere you want if you don’t have a suitable carrier.
A good dog carrier backpack allows you to spend a good time together anywhere without compromising the comfort and security of you and your corgi.
These backpacks are suitable for small, medium, and large size Corgi.
There are tons of Corgi backpacks available in the marketplace. Choosing the right one to provide comfort and security to your corgi and you is a tricky task.
This is why we exist here…
After reviewing 20+ corgi backpacks, some failed to impress most of the corgi dogs, but we are able to select a few such backpacks which were liked by the majority of Corgi dogs.
So without further ado let’s get started…
If You Are in Hurry Then Go With This Backpack
Table of Contents
if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article Then, I will share with you one of the best backpacks for your Corgi.
K9 Sports Plus2 comes with a top-notch build quality with tons of amazing features that provide a comfortable and secure hauling experience for you.
Some highlighted key features of this backpack:
K9 Sports Sack Plus 2
- Huge storage capacity because it comes with an external removable storage bag.
- Very comfortable and secure backpack.
- Padded back panel and dual Lumbar support for your dog.
- Full mesh side ventilation.
- Sternum strap to distribute the whole weight evenly.
How To Choose The Best Backpack To Carry Corgi?
First of all choosing, the right backpack that provides a secure and comfortable sitting space for your dog and also feels comfortable during carrying it on your back is a tricky task.
There are some key factors that must be understood before making a buying decision
Almost every company provides a size chart that helps to understand which size is right for your dog.
Most backpacks are suitable to carry a small or medium-sized dog so must measure your dog’s size properly to avoid any kind of headache.
The backpack in which your dog is going to sit must be durable and made with sturdy but soft and comfortable material.
A dog backpack must be properly ventilated to regulate the inside temperature.
It has a meshed head opening so that your dog can enjoy the outside beauty without any problem.
Check if your backpack allows your dog to sit naturally or lie down inside the bag to avoid any kind of strain on your back.
A dog backpack should be water-resistant and easy to clean.
A dog backpack has enough space and zipper pockets to keep essential things organized.
Choose According To Your Need
If you want a dog carrier only for a daily morning walk, in a shopping mall, or health check-up then goes with a small-size backpack or a sling bag.
But if you are a traveler, or hiker, and want to travel with your dog then must buy a feature back roomy backpack in which you can carry your laptop, dog essential, water bottles, etc.
5 Best Backpacks To Carry Corgi Detailed Review And Buying Guide
1. K9 Sports Plus 2 Adjustable Backpack For Corgi
Best In Every Parameter
- 4 Different Colors and Patterns.
- Available in 3 different sizes.
- Volume: 20 to 30 Litre
- Weight Limit: 40lbs (18 kg).
- Removable storage bag to carry extra stuff.
The first backpack in this list is from K9 Sports Plus 2. This could be the best companion for you and your dog to spend joyful moments together without limit.
Why this is the best Corgi backpack among its other models?
- The backpack is available in 3 different sizes that ensure that you can get a perfect fit according to the size of your dog no matter how small or large your corgi is.
- The total volume of this backpack is between 20- 32 L and can bear weight up to 40 lbs (18kg).
- Most of the common breeds like Corgi, Beagle, Frech bulldog, Mini golden doodle, Sheltie, etc can fit perfectly in K9 Sports Plus 2 large size.
If you are still in doubt about the size then you can measure your Corgi Length and Girth to choose the perfect size.
- We find its shoulder straps are more comfortable than its other models due to the extra-wide padding used.
- Its other models come with a single pocket or no pocket but K9 plus 2 comes with Dual side pockets.
- To enhance the comfort level without hurting your back, it has dual lumber support straps, which other models don’t have.
- To ensure that your Corgi stays comfortably with proper air circulation inside the backpack, it has full mesh side ventilation.
- Apart from your Corgi, you can carry some other needy things by using its removable storage bag.
- The backpack is water bladder compatible and its 2 side water bottle pockets allow you to carry extra water with this backpack.
Overall the backpack is perfect to carry your Corgi on public transport, hiking, biking, walking, and anywhere you want.
2. Fashionable Backpack For Corgi From Urban 2
Stylish & Fashionable
- Available in 3 different sizes.
- Available in 5 attractive colors combination.
- Volume: 12 to 25 Litre
- Weight Limit: 30lbs (18 kg).
If you want a fashionable backpack for your Corgi that you can tote for your school, for a walk, and for public transport then Urban 2 could be the one choice to consider.
Some Features of Urban 2 with some limitations Over K9 Sports Plus 2.
- There is no doubt that Urban 2 is more elegant and fashionable than Plus 2 and the faux leather assents on its body look very attractive.
- In terms of comfortability Plus 2 is more comfortable than Urban 2 due to its well-padded straps and padded back panel. Your Corgi feels more comfortable in Plus 2 than Urban 2.
- K9 Sports has full mesh side ventilation while Urban 2 has only half mesh side ventilation.
- We like Urban 2 hot/cold side venting zippers that are not available in sports 2.
- A removable storage bag in Sports 2 could be useful to carry some extra stuff but Urban 2 doesn’t come with such kind of extra storage.
- The sternum strap is useful to provide better support and fitting but is also missing in Urban 2 while you’ll get this feature in Sports 2.
Overall if you don’t want to hike and cycling with your Corgi and want a stylish backpack for a walk and public transport then you can go with Urban 2 otherwise in terms of volume, comfortability, cycling, and hiking you can definitely go with K9 Sports 2.
3. Knavigate Crogi Backpack For Hiking
Your light hiking buddy
- Available in 4 different sizes.
- Available in 2 colors Lunar Grey and Black.
- Volume: 18 to 30 Litre
- Weight Limit: 50lbs (23 kg).
If you want to tote your Corgi for a long hiking trip or on public transport comfortably then Knavigate could be the one option for you.
The backpack is roomy and has lots of space to carry other stuff for your hiking trip. You can also use its velcro at the front panel for custom patches.
Its dual-side pockets are good to carry water bottles.
The backpack is comfortable for you and your Corgi. Its dog compartment has a padded base and to support your dog’s back, its back panel is also well-padded. Its pet lumber straps are also helping to support the lumbar area of your dog.
We really like its full mesh side ventilation to maintain the proper airflow inside the backpack.
The backpack is made with an internal frame that supports the heavy load and its well-padded thick shoulder straps and waist belt helps to distribute the load evenly throughout your shoulders and hip area.
We find the hip belt has small pockets good to carry small items but most the smartphones like iPhone 11 are not fit inside it.
The downside of this backpack is the lack of accessibility. To get the things out of this backpack, you have to take the pack off or have someone help you.
Overall In terms of comfort level K9 sports plus is slightly better than Knavigate but in terms of storage capacity and all the other features, Knavigate is a clear winner.
4. Rover 2 Backpack For Medium To Large Size Corgi
Luxury Corgi Backpack
- Available in 4 different sizes.
- Available in 2 colors Myrtle Green and Black.
- Volume: 50 to 60 Litre
- Weight Limit: 80lbs (36 kg).
This is one of the most expensive and feature-packed backpacks on our list as it has tons of amazing features which is why we have listed this backpack as the most luxurious backpack right now.
Rover 2 is best for medium to large-size dogs. For Corgi You have to select the large size. You can also measure the size of your Corgi to ensure a perfect fit.
The backpack is convertible means if you don’t want to carry your Corgi with this backpack then you can use it as a backpacking bag with up to 60 liters of capacity and hold up to 80 pounds of weight.
The backpack comes in two colors and the green one comes with a detachable dog hood that is missing in its black color model.
Some most useful features are listed below
- The backpack comes with all the normal safety features.
- neoprene-lined leg holes to prevent rubbing on your dog’s legs.
- Removable storage bag and dog hoody.
- The sides of the backpack are made out of mesh that is stretchable according to the length of your dog to keep the temperature regulated in summer. Venting Zipper closer on the sides keeps your dog warm in winter.
- It has a padded back panel and adjustable torso length to match everybody’s size.
- Hip belt with pockets, double lumber support straps, and chest strap to ensure the perfect fit and keep the weight closer to your back.
The downside of this backpack is that it is not good for small-size dogs and is one of the most expensive backpacks on our list.
Overall if you want a backpack that can be used as a dog carrier as well as you can use it as a backpacking bag then you should definitely go with Rover 2.
5. Best Budget Backpack For Corgi From Trainer
Budget Corgi Backpack
- Available in 4 different sizes.
- Available in 4 colors Myrtle Green and Black.
- Volume: 10 to 23 Litre
- Weight Limit: 30lbs (14 kg).
If your Corgi is a newborn and in a growing stage then you can definitely go with k9 Sports Trainer.
The backpack is available in 4 attractive colors and in 4 different sizes. The backpack comes with very limited space. You can put a poop bag and a small ball inside it.
If you are a person who wants to carry lots of toys and other things along with their Corgi then this backpack is not for you.
Its shoulder straps are not as comfortable as its other higher models have but it is not a big issue as you can’t carry a heavy load and a large dog inside it.
It has half-mesh ventilation on the side and only one side pocket for a water bottle. It has one lumbar support strap to support the Corgi’s back.
Overall a basic dog backpack for beginners and for a small corgi.
Choosing the right backpack for your Corgi is not so easy because there are several key factors that must be considered before purchasing any backpack in which your favorite dog is going to sit.
According to Wikipedia the avg height of a Corgi is Male: 10–12 inches (25–30 cm), Female: 10–12 inches (25–30 cm).
and its weight for males is between 10 to 14 kg ( 22 to 31 lb) and for females, it is between 10 to 13 kg (22 to 29 lb).
Here we are trying to answer some of the very basic but important terms that are very crucial to know.
1. How To Choose The Right Backpack For Your Corgi?
If you want to buy the right backpack for your Corgi then first you have to understand what types of activities you and your Corgi want to do together with a backpack.
There are some highlighted features that must be there in a dog backpack:
- Carabiner ensures the security of your Corgi by clipping his collar.
- Well-padded thick shoulder straps to support the weight of your dog on your back.
- Padded base in the dog compartment to support the dog at the bottom part.
- Padded back panel and lumbar support straps to maintain stability and distribute the weight evenly.
- Good quality leg holes to prevent any kind of rubbing on the dog’s legs.
- Full mesh sides to ensure the proper airflow inside the dog compartment.
Some backpacks have zipper venting that helps to keep your Corgi warm in winter.
2. Can I Put A Corgi In A Backpack?
Yes, definitely but it totally depends on the nature of your Corgi and the features of your backpack.
Some dogs feel comfortable with their backpack for a very short period of time. In fact, some backpacks come with proper ventilation on the sides and a well-padded back and bottom that helps to accommodate your Corgi inside your backpack comfortably.
3. How Do You Carry A Corgi?
There are several ways to keep your Corgi near you for every adventurous trip you will plan.
You can carry your Corgi in a front backpack or back backpack, with your sling bag.
The most suitable option to carry your Corgi is having a feature pack backpack.
In the end, we have selected K9 Sports Plus 2 as one of the best backpacks for your Corgi. The backpack comes in a very reasonable price tag and with lots of useful features.
This is a most comfortable backpack for you and your dogs due to well-padded shoulders straps and padded back and bottom area.
The backpack is best for hiking or biking for more than 3 miles and for public transportation.