A backpack for a computer science student is much more than a carrier. A C.S. student has lots of stuff to carry for his college.
Apart from some notebooks, assignments, books, it is very important to have a tablet and a laptop in a C.S. student backpack.
A computer science student is a techy guy even without wanting to. A normal backpack is not worked for him. A backpack with proper space for some tech gadgets such as digital pencil, power bank, headphones, smartphone holder, etc is mandatory.
It would be the cherry on the cake if a backpack for computer science students comes with anti-theft protection.
All these things sound great right,
But finding a backpack with all those features is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Finding a feature-rich backpack for a C.S. student is a cumbersome task because it requires a lot of research.
But don’t worry I’m here to do all those cumbersome research for you.
How To Choose A Right Backpack As A CS Student?
But wait, It would be better to understand some key points that must be examined in a backpack.
if you are in hurry and don’t have much time to go through the whole article then…
Go with this Feature Backpack
Premium Anti-Theft Backpack For CS Student
- Anti-collision design.
- Very durable, compact, sleek, comfortable, and professional backpack.
- water-resistant microfiber leather and ballistic nylon material.
- Flight Approved Design with High-quality zippers.
- Invisible water bottle pocket, hidden back pocket, and one hidden and easy to access card pocket.
Buying Guiding Of Best Backpack For CS Student
What features make a backpack durable, sturdy, and perfect for handling a computing science student day to day tasks without peeling off and fading out?
Must check these things in a backpack before buying them.
- What type of fabric is used?
- Wear & tear resistance and water resistance property.
- Separate laptop & tablet compartment with padded fleece lines.
- Thoughtful multiple pockets and compartments for better organization.
And many more. You can go through our detailed buying guide for more information that is available at the end of the review section.
7 Best Backpacks & Bags For CS Student Detailed Review
1. Premium Anti-theft Backpack For CS Student From Bopai
Its Physical Features
- Measures 11.8’’ L * 5.5 ‘’ W * 17.7’’ H.
- Weight 2.8 lbs.
- Made with half part of waterproof nylon and half part of Microfiber.
- Anti-theft back pocket and hidden and easily accessible card pocket.
- Anti-collision 15.6 inches laptop compartment.
- USB charging port.
The backpack is designed for those CS students who don’t want to compromise with quality and features with their backpack.
Why This Backpack Is An Expert Choice In This Top 7 List?
- Its invisible anti-theft design with concealed dual high-quality zippers increases the security and hidden zipper back pocket to secure your wallet, phone, and money.
- The Anti-collision design of its 15.6 inches laptop and iPad compartment is not found in any other backpacks listed below. Its dual zipper main compartment avoids the inner stuff and laptop compartment from falling on each other.
- Its build quality is unmatchable as it is made with the highest wear and water-resistant microfiber leather and ballistic nylon material.
- Its flight-approved design and a back strap that can fit on the pullover rod of your luggage make your journey easier and more convenient.
- The backpack is very comfortable to wear due to its well-cushioned straps and breathable back panel.
Our Verdict: This backpack is definitely a must-buy product from Bopai which is well built and comes with tons of useful features without compromising the build quality.
2. Best Computer Science Student Backpack With Nice Laptop Compartment
Its Physical Features
- Measures 20’’ L * 13.25 ‘’ W * 10.5’’ H.
- Laptop Sleeve: 10.25″ x 14″ (26cm x 35.6cm)
- Volume: 31 Liters
- Weight 10 ounces.
- Material: 1680D ballistic Nylon with water repellent coating
- 15 inches laptop compartment & a dedicated tablet pocket with false bottom support.
The second backpack in this list is from NorthFace. The backpack is designed to keep in mind the needs of techy studends.
It has a nice mobile tech compartment that takes care of all of your tech gadgets inside it. The laptop compartment is large enough and you can stash two laptops of the same sizes in its separate compartments, an Ipad, some notebooks, and documents.
It has tons of small pockets with a fleece-lined mobile pocket and two vertical large pockets for even more organization for your gear.
The sporty look of this backpack is best for all computer science students who want a cool and spacious backpack for their day to day task.
3. Top Pick Swissgear 1900 Backpack For CS Students
4.2 stars, 16494 Reviews
Price Under $80
Check the latest price here
- Dimension: 18.5 X 13.5 X 9 inches
- Weight: 3.3 lb
- Material: 1200D Ballistic nylon
- Ipad Pro Floating TabletSafe for superior electronics cradling.
- 17 inches laptop padded sleeve.
If you are looking for a backpack that can keep your tech gadgets secure and safe then the swiss Gear offers their two models for this.
- Swiss Gear 1900
- Swiss Gear 1923
If we talk about the build quality then both backpacks come with decent built with almost the same material. However, backpacks don’t come with a water-resistant coating which is their downside.
The 1900 model is much better in terms of laptop & Ipad pro pockets than its 1923 model as 1900 comes with a padded sleeve laptop compartment.
Its Floating TabletSafe pocket can protect your Ipad pro from being damage that is missing in the 1925 backpack.
Both backpacks come with TSA friendly, Scan smart technology that saves your time at the airport checkpoint.
Both backpacks come with tons of small as well as large pockets that are good to carry battery, keys, chargers and other techy gadgets. We like the dedicated media pocket is very handy and useful.
The backpack is very comfortable to wear and comes with proper airflow at the back panel.
Overall the backpack is best for CS students, weekend travellers and young professionals.
4. Herschel Cool Backpack For Computer Science Student
Its Physical Features
- Measures 21.8 x 13.4 x 3.1 inches.
- Weight 15.9 ounces.
- Available in a wide range of multiple color combination.
- 30L capacity.
- Top Quality fabric outside.
- Up to 15 inches laptop can behold.
The backpacks from Herschel are mainly designed for youngsters. These backpacks are the best suit for some important occasion in your college.
If you are looking for some stylish and fashionable backpacks for your college party, annual functions then these are the perfect choice for you.
The 30L capacity is enough to hold a 15 inch thin and lightweight laptop with some notebooks and magazines. Its front zipper pocket is useful to carry your keys, phone, wallet, etc.
The backpack is very lightweight and comfortable to wear. Its shoulder straps and back panel is breathable and properly cushioned.
Over Verdict: Although its small size can’t hold everything inside it still the bag is good for some special occasions.
5. Osprey Arcane Large Backpack For CS Students
- Fabric: 500D Recycled Polyester Packcloth
- Available in 9 eye-catching colors.
- 16″ padded laptop sleeve(mentioned on official site), document sleeve.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 11.8 x 8.6 inches
- Weight: 1.41 lbs
What We like
If you want to buy a backpack that is slim, lightweight, amazingly soft and comfortable, and can handle your stuff for day-to-day work so you should have a look at Osprey too.
The backpack from Osprey is made of a 500D Polyester Packcloth which is recyclable.
The backpack not only looks great but also feels very soft and comfortable over your body.
It has a large j zip opening that makes it easier to access the inside belongings without any problem.
The backpack is specially designed to keep in mind mac users. Its laptop compartment sleeve is ended ~1 inch higher from the bottom. It Protects your Macbook if you put your backpack on a rough surface.
You can carry not only Macbook Pro 14″ model but also it has enough room to carry Macbook Pro 16″ (M1 Max) model safe and secure.
Its document sleeve has enough room to carry your iPad, some books and still has space behind the pen holder and adjacent sleeve.
I really like the water bottle pocket that can hold my 24 oz water bottle securely.
Although you find it difficult to carry a large water bottle pocket inside it.
Overall a nice backpack that is very comfortable and carries your day to day stuff secure and safe.
6. Budget Anti-theft Backpack For CS Student From Matein
Its Physical Features
- Measures 18 x 12 x 7.8 inches.
- Weight 1.56 lbs.
- Anti-theft backpack with USB charging port.
- Made with High Density and Water Repellent Polyester Fabric.
- Up to 17 inches laptop can behold.
- USB charging port.
This backpack is highly recommended for those engineers who don’t want to spend much and want to get a durable versatile and economic solution for their college needs.
Why You Should Consider Matein Over Other Listed Backpacks?
- The backpack is made with highly durable, water and tear resistance 100% Polyester fabric.
- Separate laptop compartment for up to 15.6 inches laptop. If you want to carry a gaming laptop of 17 inches then you can choose the size accordingly.
- Main compartment for carrying some books, notebooks, clothes, project files, etc.
- Front compartment with multiple thoughtful separate pockets to carry smartphone, keys, pen, wallet, purses, and other small stuff.
- 2 mesh side pockets to carry a water bottle and an umbrella.
- Theft-proof back pocket for carrying credential things like passport, wallet, phone, etc.
Over verdict: One of the most reviewed and appreciated by numerous buyers, economic and feature pack backpack for engineers.
7. Oscaurt Laptop Backpack For CS Student With Anti-theft Design
Its Physical Features
- Measures 11 x 5 x 17 inches.
- Weight 2.30lbs.
- Anti-theft design hidden main compartment zippers.
- Reflective strips for safe night travelling.
- Made with strong anti-scratch/cut, water-resistant fabric.
- Up to 15.6 inches laptop can hold with proper protection from shock with an elastic band.
The backpack from Oscaurt provides true anti-theft protection due to its minimalistic design with a hidden zipper in the main compartment.
A Backpack With Unique Design & Hidden Zipper
- Our Expert really impressed with its minimalistic anti-theft design. The backpack is best for those Computer Science Students, who travel a lot and are afraid of losing things. Its reflected strip is looking good and makes it safe to travel at night.
- The one thing that makes it different from Bopai is its hidden zipper in the main pocket.
- As compare to the Bopai backpack it has less space in the main compartment but has enough pockets for small things and some clothes. It has 2 side pockets for a water bottle and umbrella and one hidden back pocket to keep credential things safe.
- The external USB port is useful to charge your phone. The backpack is comfortable to wear due to the High-quality EVA material at the back.
- The build quality is no doubt just amazing due to its anti-scratch/cut design and water resistance fabric.
Our Verdict: The backpack from Oscaurt is best for those CS Students who can’t afford Bopai backpack. The backpack is designed so well and will not change its shape when loaded and protect your back and laptop.
Best Backpack For CS Student Detailed Buying Guide
Choosing the right backpack as a software student is a tricky task as there are many different brands that launch their backpack every month.
This is enough to confuse you with which one to choose and which one to leave.
I have listed some of the best backpacks in this article that come with some very useful features and sturdy build quality.
Some are very good to carry your gadgets like your laptop and iPad in their thick padded separate laptop or tablet compartment.
Still, if you want to choose the best backpack for CS Student on your own then this buying guide will definitely help you a lot.
One of the main criteria that make a backpack perfect for a CS student is its space.
CS Student backpacks must be roomy because a computer science student needs to carry some lecture books, laptops, a tablet to make notes in their backpack so having a good space with multiple different compartments in a backpack could be beneficial.
Apart from other things having a thick padded laptop compartment is a must.
A backpack should be made of high-quality material that would be sturdy and water-resistant.
There are different types of materials are used in making a backpack which are:
- Nylon And Polyester
Both materials are plastic made and invented in the 1930s. Both are more similar than different.
Nylon and polyester are mostly used in travel backpacks. Due to their durability, sturdiness, and long-lasting property, they are widely used materials in the backpack industry.
Cordula makes your backpack lightweight and tear-resistant but its price is very high.
Most people like cotton-based backpacks. A cotton canvas backpack is a mixture of natural and synthetic materials that make it water-resistant and improve its strength.
Zippers are a very important part of a backpack. The quality of zippers talks about the quality of a backpack.
That is the reason that most people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a good backpack.
Once you have purchased a good backpack, it will be with you for years.
What Should I Carry In My Backpack As A Computer Science Student?
This totally depends on personal preferences. Some cs students don’t carry much stuff inside their backpacks while others do.
But some most common belongings that a CS student should carry in his/her backpack are…
- Some Programming books
- Notebook for taking notes(old fashioned)
- Ipad for taking notes(If you find comfortable with that)
- Lab assignments.
- Portable Charger
- Digital Pencil
- Water bottle
- Wireless mouse
- Energy drink (If it is a long session)
Wrap Up On Best Computer Science Student Bags 2022
If you are a cs student then choosing the right backpack is very tricky.
I would recommend you to buy Bopai, a sturdy, water repellent, and anty theft backpack with a padded and secure laptop compartment.
Buy NorthFace to carry two laptops at the same time in its nice mobile document pocket.
You can also go with an Osprey backpack that looks premium and well build to carry your tech gadgets.
For the budget category definitely go with the Matein backpack.